Use the links below to download Apache River releases from one of our mirrors. You should verify the integrity of the files using the signatures and checksums available from this page.
Apache River releases are available under the Apache License, Version 2.0. See the NOTICE.txt file contained in each release artifact for applicable copyright attribution notices.
Apache River v3.0.0 (Released October 5, 2016)¶
This is the "Jini Technology Starter Kit", or "JTSK", i.e. the complete source for River and the infrastructure services. For changes see the Release Notes
Note: No jar files published in Maven Central at present.
- apache-river-3.0.0-src.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-3.0.0-doc.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-3.0.0-src.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-3.0.0-doc.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
Apache River Examples v1.0 (Released Aug 10, 2015)¶
The examples project contains a set of introductory examples of River services and clients. This project builds using Apache Maven. You don't need to download and build the JTSK in order to use the examples project.
Unpack the examples project and follow the instructions in 'README.md' at the top level of the unpacked folder.
Apache River v2.2.3 (Released Feb 21, 2016)¶
Note: To experiment with River, you generally don't need to build from source. You're probably better off starting with the the examples project, which will automatically get the prebuilt jar files from Maven Central.
- apache-river-2.2.3-src.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.3-doc.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.3-src.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.3-doc.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
Apache River v2.2.2 (Released Nov. 18, 2013)¶
- apache-river-2.2.2-src.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.2-bin.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.2-src.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.2-bin.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
Apache River v2.2.1 (Released May 4, 2013)¶
- apache-river-2.2.1-src.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.1-bin.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.1-src.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.1-bin.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
Apache River v2.2.0 (First Top Level Project release)¶
- apache-river-2.2.0-src.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.0-bin.zip (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.0-src.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
- apache-river-2.2.0-bin.tar.gz (PGP, SHA1)
Download the build artifacts from our trunk build
Only current, recommended releases are available on www.apache.org and the mirror sites.
All of the release distribution packages have been digitally signed (using PGP or GPG) by the Apache Group members that constructed them. There will be an accompanying distribution.asc file in the same directory as the distribution. The PGP keys can be found in the MIT key repository (hkp://pgp.mit.edu), the OpenPGP Public Key repository (hkp://subkeys.pgp.net), and within this project's KEYS file, which is located within each download directory.
Always use the signature files to verify the authenticity of the distribution, e.g.,
% pgpk -a KEYS % pgpv filename.zip.asc
% pgp -ka KEYS % pgp filename.zip.asc
% gpg --import KEYS % gpg --verify filename.zip.asc
We offer MD5 hashes as an alternative to validate the integrity of the downloaded files. A unix program called md5 or md5sum is included in many unix distributions. It is also available as part of GNU Core Utilities package.